Перейти к содержимому

Вход в панель управления:

• Войти с помощью:
Фотография

[Статья] Автор новеллы "Boring Girls" Сара Тейлор в воспоминаниях о подростковом возрасте.

• Авторизуйтесь для ответа в теме
В этой теме нет ответов

#1 *PuRpLe SkY*

*PuRpLe SkY*

Продвинутый пользователь

• Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 сообщений

Отправлено 16 April 2015 - 17:51

Dear Teen Me from author Sara Taylor (BORING GIRLS)

Dear Teen Me,

Which one am I talking to, I wonder?

The thirteen-year-old with the parrot earrings, oversized Maggie Simpson T-shirt, and horrible perm?

The sixteen-year-old who had just dyed her hair black for the first time?

The nineteen-year-old who had just moved out of her parents’ house and suffered her first heartbreak?

Maybe all of you! You were just different people, despite being so few years apart. It’s amazing, the large changes and steps we took in such short spans of time back then. Nowadays it’s like years go by in the blink of an eye (that rhymes).

Oh, how you yearned to get out of that small town, didn’t you? Scribbling in your diaries about how you wanted more. Despising how you felt like you didn’t fit in. You started embracing who you were at around sixteen, though. You started dressing how you wanted to, and you didn’t care if it meant you got made fun of by people. You wrote disturbing stories and confidently handed them in at school. You had a lot of bullies pick on you, but you stood up for yourself. You were a good friend. I really like you, teenage Sara. You were brave, I think, in a lot of ways.

Mom and Dad worried about you, but you really never did anything that bad. Remember the first time you drank alcohol? Half a cup of beer and a vodka mixed with orange Kool-Aid. You cried and vomited. Adorable.
You’re in for a lot of cool experiences, teenage Sara. You’re going to write songs. You’re going to sing them. You’re going to travel the world with your band. You’re going to play festivals in front of 10,000 people. You’re going to influence and inspire people. They’re going to cry and tell you how much what you have created means to them. It’s going to be amazing. Try to appreciate it more. Try to enjoy these things. Don’t focus on the negatives. Don’t doubt yourself.

And you’re going to write a book! You’ve always loved writing. You know those binders full of stories you clunked out on Mom’s old typewriter? Maybe not the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fanfics you wrote (even though you will always be in love with Raphael— trust me). But you do love writing, don’t you? Well, keep it up. Because it will be worthwhile. Good things are going to happen to you, teenage Sara. You’re going to be very lucky. Enjoy it.

You’re going to make a bunch of mistakes, of course. You’re going to fall in love with the wrong people. You’re going to be hurt. You’re going to question yourself. You’re going to be full of fear. Trust me on that one—I’m still full of fear now. But if you do anything differently, I’m going to be pissed off at you. Because you’re going to be very happy, and very lucky.
I miss you, teenage Sara. You’re a good kid.

Нажмите здесь для просмотра статьи